BWA WATERMAINS UPGRADE – July 2020
Infra Inc. in conjunction with Barbados Water Authority will be upgrading water mains and residential service connections along Greens Main Road, St. George. These upgrades are required to ensure the water supply system remain in a state of good repair. Construction is expected to begin in July and take approximately 3 months. These works will include trenching either in the roadway or the road reserve and construction of manholes.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT BEFORE CONSTRUCTION?
Prior to construction, representatives from Infra Inc will be taking pre-construction photos along the construction route.
Any residences or commercial properties directly adjacent to the route will receive an additional notification letter regarding property conditions surveys to be carried out in conjunction with the owner before any works begin.
Utility Providers will begin locating their existing infrastructure in preparation for this work, therefore please do not remove any marker stakes or paint markings until the project is completed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION?
During the construction period you can expect to see Infra Inc. and BWA personnel and equipment, along with storage containers/ trailers. There will also be small stockpiles of materials along the proposed route. We anticipate our hours of work for this project to be Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but we may occasionally need to work extended hours as allowed by the Ministry of Transport and Works. You will be advised in advance of any changes to working hours. During hours of operation you may experience the following:
- Traffic Delays and Road Closures – Lane restrictions and road closures may be in effect to safely complete this infrastructure improvement which may cause traffic diversions and delays. We will make every effort to minimize this inconvenience and provide advance notice when disruptions must occur. Emergency services will also be informed of these restrictions.
- Increased vehicular traffic – at times you will notice increased traffic as we transport equipment and materials or if nearby works creates a traffic diversion through your neighbourhood. Please be aware and use extra caution while travelling.
- Noise and Vibration – You may experience some noise and vibration as a result of construction.
- Dust and Mud – Due to the nature of the work, there will be increased levels of dust and mud in and around the work site. Preventative and mitigative measures will be put in place to reduce the impact on residents.
- Water Service Disruption- There may be some disruption to water service during the project. Residents will be given advanced notice by Barbados Water Authority prior to any scheduled shutdown or disruption.