Infra Inc. in conjunction with Barbados Water Authority will be upgrading water mains and residential service connections along Bairds Village, St. George.
Construction is expected to begin in August 2020 and take approximately 3 months.
These upgrades are required to ensure the water supply system remains in a state of good repair. Works undertaken will include trenching either in the roadway or the road reserve and construction of manholes.
We anticipate our hours of work for this project to be Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but we may occasionally need to work extended hours as allowed by the Ministry of Transport and Works. Residents and the public will be advised in advance of any changes to working hours.
During hours of operation, residents and motorists may experience the following:
- Traffic Delays and Road Closures – Lane restrictions and road closures may be in effect to safely complete this infrastructure improvement which may cause traffic diversions and delays. We will make every effort to minimize this inconvenience and provide advance notice when disruptions must occur. Emergency services will also be informed of these restrictions.
- Increased vehicular traffic – Residents may, at times, notice increased traffic as we transport equipment and materials or if nearby works creates a traffic diversion through your neighbourhood. Please be aware and use extra caution while travelling.
- Noise and Vibration – You may experience some noise and vibration as a result of construction.
- Dust and Mud – Due to the nature of the work, there will be increased levels of dust and mud in and around the work site. Preventative and mitigative measures will be put in place to reduce the impact on residents.
- Water Service Disruption – There may be some disruption to water service during the project. Residents will be given advanced notice by Barbados Water Authority prior to any scheduled shutdown or disruption.
Motorists are requested to exercise caution while travelling the area, and follow traffic signs and/or wardens.
Thank you for our cooperation as we carry out these maintenance works on our public infrastructure, and apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.