Weekly Road Works Notice:
Monday, 1 March 2021 – Sunday, 7 March 2021
Motorists, pedestrians and residents are asked to proceed in the following work areas with caution and follow the direction of the traffic wardens.
Barbados Water Authority Mains Replacement Project
- Welch Town
- Clifton Hall to Church View
- Colleton to Messiah Street
- Greens Pavilion to Middleton
- Drax Hall Woods to Mount Gardens
- Drax Hall Jump to Drax Hall Woods
- Greens Pavilion to Drax Hall
- Logan Road
- Church Gap, St. Thomas
Highway 1 Rehabilitation Project (Sunset Crest/Holetown)
Working Hours: 6:00 pm – 6:00 am
Molyneux Road to Seaview Road
We will be continuing BL&P electrical manholes and excavation of trenches between Molyneux Road and Seaview Road.
Traffic diversions will be in effect:
- From the junction with Cemetery Lane, through Flamboyant Avenue, right onto Mayhoe Avenue, rejoining the highway to continue in a southerly direction.
- From South: Diversion at Mayhoe Avenue, onto Flamboyant Avenue, left at Cemetery Lane and rejoining Highway 1 to continue northwards.
Motorists are asked to follow the road signs in place.
Cemetery Lane to Holetown Police Station
Continuation of the installation of a BWA 6″ diameter water line including the associated excavating and backfilling of trenches from:
- The junction at Cemetery Lane (by Sandy Crest Medical Centre) to Holetown Police Station.
The road will continue to be passable to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic, however, motorists and pedestrians are asked to exercise extreme caution when passing the work area.
Highway 2A (Carlton to Rock Dundo)
Milling and Repaving of the section of Highway 2A between Carlton Road and Rock Dundo Road will be carried out between
Wednesday, 3rd March and Sunday 7th March, 2021.
While the road will remain open to traffic, motorists should expect some delays as a single lane traffic system will be in operation during road works.
The public is asked to proceed with caution and follow the directions of the traffic wardens.
Thank you for our cooperation as we carry out these maintenance works on our public infrastructure, and apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.