Weekly Road Works Notice
Monday, 29 Mar 2021 – Sunday, 4 April 2021
Motorists, pedestrians and residents are asked to proceed in the following work areas with caution and follow the direction of the traffic wardens.
NEW PROJECTS STARTING THIS WEEK
Welchman Hall, St. Thomas
Milling and paving will begin this week from the round-a-bout adjacent to the Post Office to Allen View Road
Jordan’s Road, Fitts Village, St. James
Milling and Paving will be carried out this week.
CONTINUING ROAD WORKS:
Barbados Water Authority Mains Replacement Project
- Greens Pavilion to Middleton – reinstatement of road ways and service crossings
- Greens Pavilion to Drax Hall – reinstatement of roadways and service crossings
- Drax Hall Woods to Mount Gardens – reinstatement of roadways and service crossings
- Benthams Road to Charles Duncan O’neal Highway – completion of manholes
- Charles Duncan O’neal Highway to Trents – completion of manholes. Excavation across the Charles Duncan O’neal Highway is due to commence at 7:00pm on Thursday 1 April 2021 through to 6:00 am Tuesday 6 April, 2021.
Highway 1 Rehabilitation Project (Sunset Crest/Holetown)
Working Hours: 6:00 pm – 6:00 am; 7:30am to 6:00pm
Molyneux Road to Seaview Road
Asphalt Paving between Molyneux Road and Mayhoe Avenue will commence on Sunday 28 March and should be completed by Wednesday 31 March 2021.
Traffic diversions will be in effect:
- From the junction with Cemetery Lane, through Flamboyant Avenue, right onto Mayhoe Avenue, rejoining the highway to continue in a southerly direction.
- From South: Diversion at Mayhoe Avenue, onto Flamboyant Avenue, left at Cemetery Lane and rejoining Highway 1 to continue northwards.
Motorists are asked to follow the road signs in place.
The road will continue to be passable to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic, however, motorists and pedestrians are asked to exercise extreme caution when passing the work area.
Ridge Road to Coconut Grove, St. Joseph
Milling and repaving continue during the daytime, and are scheduled to be completed by 31 March, 2021.
Greenfield, St. Michael (Bedford Lane)
Repaving of the road will continue this week.
Thank you for our cooperation as we carry out these maintenance works on our public infrastructure, and apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.